Understanding comics : the invisible art / [Scott McCloud].
- ISBN: 006097625X (pbk.)
- ISBN: 9780060976255 (pbk.)
- Physical Description: 215 ,  p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Edition: 1st HarperPerennial ed.
- Publisher: New York : HarperPerennial, 1994, c1993.
"A paperback edition of this book was originally published in 1993 by Kitchen Sink Press"--T.p. verso.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. ).
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Setting the record straight -- The vocabulary of comics -- Blood in the gutter -- Time frames -- Living in line -- Show and tell -- The six steps -- A word about color -- Putting it all together.
Praised throughout the cartoon industry by such luminaries as Art Spiegelman, Matt Groening, and Will Eisner, this innovative comic book provides a detailed look at the history, meaning, and art of comics and cartooning.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Comic books, strips, etc. > History and criticism.
Cartooning > Technique.
Comic books, strips, etc. > Illustrations.
- 14 of 14 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Douglas Library of Hebron.
- 0 current holds with 14 total copies.